August 18, 2010

WHO KNEW?




I did. I knew that this would be a big transitional year for me. Though I had no idea how big those changes would be. Friends have come and gone. I realized that I wasn't happy with myself. I wasn't happy with the direction my life was going in.  I realized that I needed to let go of everything that I'd allowed to drag me down and figure out how to lift myself up. So (after a bit of an existential crisis) I knew that I had to let go of SCRUGGS (my online boutique). I Hated it. I didn't have the motivation to really market it or do any of the needed day to day operations. What I DID enjoy was the fact that I could say that I had an online boutique (vanity, vanity...I'm working on that) and I LOVED styling the photo shoots (of course). So now SCRUGGS will be no more. And I'm relieved.

This photo marks the beginning of my new journey. I worked on a short film over the summer (costuming) and we were shooting out in a forest preserve. I was doodling around with one of the lead's camera and took this candid shot of the boom operator. The act of capturing this moment (which I think turned out pretty well) and of taking more photos throughout the day really fulfilled me. And I felt happy. I realized that I needed to start actively pursuing things that make me happy and give me a creative outlet. This blog is a part of that process for me. 

This is a place where I'll be sharing my thoughts, inspirations, ideas, and all of the things that I find beautiful in this life. Just a few months ago I couldn't truly feel how beautiful life is, but now I can. And for that I am grateful. 

1 comment: